The ST Viewscan incorporates state of the art technology enabling the fast and efficient viewing, scanning and digitisation of microfilm, microfiche and aperture cards.
Government and private businesses alike now have the capacity to read and digitise their libraries of micro media in an easy and efficient manner, replacing their old readers and reader/printer systems with an all-digital solution.
The ST Viewscan solution offers:
- intuitive and easy to use desktop software
- the ability to view digital images on a PC screen prior to scanning, capture and output
- high-quality imaging with virtually no pixilation during the redrawing of on-screen pages
- high capture speed of 1/6 second at 300 dpi
- enhanced viewing mode that enhances images, and eliminates scratches and dust
- associated ST ViewScan software that enables:
- quick browsing
- optical as well as digital zooming
- enhanced cropping and masking using Scissor Cut
- auto-enhanced saving
- thumbnails of captured images
- file management indexing capabilities
- ICIR (Immediate Captured Image Review)
ST Viewscan - An Integrated Solution
The ST Viewscan utilises the latest in machine vision camera and lens technology, together with leading edge design that virtually guarantees against obsolescence. Only the ST ViewScan's ingenious scanner design allows the camera and imaging technology to be updated in the future without having to purchase a whole new model of scanner. It uses a single low voltage external power supply to power the light sources, the film carrier mechanism, firmware, and related circuitry. The carrier design provides film movement controls, an unobstructed film path, easy film loading, and viewing, ensuring a minimal service and maintenance schedule.
The ST Viewscan is extremely flexible and modular in nature, with both camera and carrier components being interchangeable to the customer's requirements, and easily updatable.
Using the ST ViewScan Microfilm Crossover technology, there is a great deal of flexibility in the on-screen control of film movement.
The ST Viewscan has a very small environmental footprint, requiring a fraction of the power used by traditional reader/printers and is RoHS-compliant and CE-certified.
Contact DatacomIT for a no obligation quote.
Postcard (567 Kb)
Brochure (1,418 Kb)