The e-Marker solution is widely used throughout the world, providing scalable, electronic marking methods with exceptional quality control and far more rapid turn around times compared to existing manual assessment processes.
e-Marker has been designed to improve the speed, accuracy and reliability of examination marking, harnessing the power of real-time image capture readers and sophisticated software delivered across the internet, to capture securely item-level responses and marks from examiners.
e-Marker® is designed to enable examination and assessment bodies to capitalise on the flexibility that marking from image brings. Approaches to marking that are impossible to implement at scale from paper-based marking are now made available through e-Marker®. Key benefits include:
- Routing items of different content or marking difficulty to specialist groups of markers
- Real-time monitoring of marking accuracy
- Re-distribution of marking load electronically
- Marking appeals without the need to re-scan scripts or circulate original paper copies.
Recent research has shown that item-based marking has a very high degree of marking accuracy, producing marking outcomes that have increased reliability.
In addition, e-Marker® provides invaluable management information, providing a wealth of added value and benefits, including:
- Centralised logistics and script management
- Status reporting on key processes
- Removal of clerical errors
- Problem resolution through the inspection of images of scripts
- Business rules to ensure all marking is completed
- Different quality control options
- Marking cost reduction through the use of computer-assisted expert marking and general marking
- Regular transfer of mark data
- Provision of management information through tailored reports
- Support of awarding processes through the selection of key script images.
Contact DatacomIT today for our assistance and further information.